Sunday, May 24, 2009

Susan Boyle Strikes Again with "Memory"


It seems Susan Boyle was not a one hit wonder.

I have just finished watching her most recent performance on Britain’s Got Talent and she stole my heart once again. For those of you who read my previous post on Susan, I need not say more but simply offer you her most recent use of what is obviously God given talent. For those of you who did not read my post, I encourage you to go back and read it. It is in my April postings.

My point in drawing attention to Susan again, is not out of celebrity following, of which the world at large seems addicted to, but with the hope that one of you out there realizes there is a gift or talent or passion that God has uniquely given to you, that you are not yet using or using to it's fullest. No matter what stage of life you are in, there is a whole world out there you can touch. Oh, it may not be the whole world like Susan has. But it could mean the whole world, to someone you reach out to. A next door neighbor, a community far away in another part of the world, an estranged relative or friend, a child who needs a mentor.

And here's the deal, let it be something that stretches you, that scares you, makes you uncomfortable. Susan had this talent her whole life, yet she still felt she had to prove that she was "not the worthless person that people think I am, that I do have something to offer" and finally went for it all. I too had become too comfortable in life, a talent couch potato, letting my gifts and talents rust away and go unused. Have you become too comfortable, fallen into a routine? To quote Pastor Rick Warren, "God has a purpose for your life". My suggestion to you is, it is time to discover it. Let me know if you're not sure how to go about that. I am in the midst of that myself, and just like Susan Boyle, there are horizons beyond my vision, but I find it is a wonderful and exciting journey
I have begun!


No comments:

Post a Comment